Sunday, October 18, 2009

I'm Not A Perfect Girl!!

I love this quote! This week I have learned a big lesson about life! I have lived my life lately how other people want me to live my life... but guess what.... Its my life not theirs. Its time for me to start living my life how I want. I still do cherish advice from other people and I may follow what their advice is or I may not. In the end I am going to have to be the one who has to deal with my choices and consequences. Sorry I just wanted to say how I feel. I hope no one takes this wrongly. If you do... please let me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hear ya! Being married, I run into those feelings a lot because Cody and I have differing opinions sometimes.. but it's ok to do things your way sometimes! You have to live your own life, for sure and I'm glad you've come to that conclusion before you got married!:)

Melanie Hampton said...

Just remember Lisa it is often times the advice of others, especially those who love you and are older and have more experience,that will lead you to the place you will eventually want to be. You many not see it now but you will. I remember feeling frustrated sometimes with mom and dad and all they wanted me to accomplish and do, sometimes feeling like they expected me to be perfect. At those times I just wanted to do what I wanted and live my life the way I wanted. I can not tell you how deeply grateful I am that I had parents who constantly wanted me to be the BEST I could be! If I only did what I wanted and did what I wanted when I wanted then I probably would have never went on a mission or finished school. I don't owe them or anyone else all the credit but it was the advice and example of mom and dad, grandma phylis and older brothers and sister that have lead me to many great experiences and choices in my life. I agree, live your life for you and do what you want with your life but remember the advice of those who have gone before you(grandma Phylis), those who have lived life and those who want the BEST for you! I love you lots and love having you as a sister and a great friend! I just thought I would share my feelings with you about this because I remember having those same feelings you are having and I am glad I didnt just rely on my own wisdom and thinking to get me through!